Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feb 24 (Updated) : Depart Johannesburg along Panoramic Route

I am picked-up early at the Dove's Nest guest house and transported to our meeting place, Lakes Hotel. There are 7 people in our group; all women except for me. 4 Swiss and 2 German; guess what language is the main means of communication; oooh well I will do just fine. I wish that I was fortunate enough to have people like I had in the 1st group from Cape Town to Vic Falls.Both of our guides are experienced and are from Zimbabwe...Shadi is teh drivr and ead guide while Soliwe is the cook and ass't guide; she is Morrison's  neice, Morrison was the driver/guidefrom my first tour.

Blyde Canyon - From Afar
Whirlpool Carved Rocks
 
River Cut Canyon

View of my Cottage - Colorful
Inside my Room
 
We travel NE towards Kruger Game Park. The travel time is about 8 hours and we stop along the way at Blyde Canyon and God's Window. The Canyon is the 2nd largest in Africa and has some beautiful rock formations created by the water. The country is now mountaneous with 1000s of acres of tree farms and citrus grooves. We spent the night at Timbavati Lodge wh(http://www.timbavatisafarilodge.com/)which was quite comfortable. After tent camping, any luxury is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment